Lingokids' mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world, while we aim to help parents and caregivers to follow up on the progress and achievements of their children.
To help deliver our educational content to millions of families, we’re looking for a QA Lead.
At Lingokids, we encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with different perspectives and are eager to continue diversifying our company's culture. We strive to be an inclusive, supportive place where you can do the best work of your career.
Our offices are in Madrid, Spain, but the position is open to anyone with experience working remotely. Some overlap with Central European Time is expected, though, for those times when a video call is the most efficient way to communicate.
About the job:
The QA Lead is responsible for developing processes to ensure the quality of our products and make sure they are free of bugs, ultimately providing the best user experience for kids and parents.
This role has responsibilities across two different areas:
1) Quality Assurance:
- Line management of the QA team, including 1-1s, personal issues, performance management, career development and promotions, and holiday approvals.
- Develop and champion a culture of quality across the company.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers on the quality design from the start rather than testing for it after the fact.
- Support the cross-functional teams in identifying and tracking quality issues - including performance and usability - and advocate for them to be addressed.
- Invest in test automation to reduce the time needed to perform a complete regression.
- Maintain and improve the regression test pack and associated test cases.
2) Release Management:
- Manage the submission, reviews, and rollouts of the Android and iOS applications.
- Define a development, testing, and release schedule that aligns with the teams' iterations.
- Triage issues with app approvals and coordinate with the appropriate team members to address them.
The ideal teammate for us would be someone with:
- Considerable experience in QA management in product companies, including automation testing using frameworks.
- Team lead or management experience enjoys mentoring others on the team and seeing them grow.
- Ability to align product work with business goals.
- Experience dealing with unexpected situations in release management.
- A proactive and accountable mindset.
- English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we provide a service in English, so we don't care about certificates, but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
- You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. Given the circumstances, we have become a fully remote company, and we are firm believers that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
- Base Compensation Range: €65-80k
🏡 Unlimited remote working: you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you feel like it.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6, and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English, or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportation into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously! We have a real-time and honest feedback culture, and a formal 360º assessment every month.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.