Lingokids mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us on this mission and build products and experiences for millions of users, we’re looking for an exceptional Senior IT Support Engineer that will be joining us remotely or in HQ located in sunny Spain.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 35 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality. If you feel this dream could be your dream too, keep reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
You will be part of our Platform team, responsible for enabling the business to operate scalably and increasing our squads’ effectiveness with tools and processes.
You will support our entire organization by identifying, diagnosing, and resolving issues related to our information systems and tooling. You’ll apply your experience to help scale a growing business and drive operational excellence by creating, improving on and automating core processes.
You will be the first IT Support Engineer at Lingokids so this is a chance to define a critical function in a fast-growing organisation.
If you are passionate about technology and looking for a new challenge in a start-up environment, working with an app that helps millions of kids learn, this is the place for you.
The most challenging and exciting responsibilities for this role are:
- Management and, where appropriate, automation of core recurring processes within Lingokids, such as:
- Onboarding/Offboarding new employees and external contractors.
- Creating and managing accounts, resources and access levels on external services.
- Administration of laptops, phones, tablets and other equipment, including purchase and inventorying.
- Managing software licenses.
- Keeping IT knowledge base up to date.
- Ensuring security and compliance through initiatives like security training, password rotation, audits and remediation work.
Are you our Senior IT Support Engineer?
The ideal teammate for us would be someone experienced as an IT Support Engineer, ideally in a fast-paced startup environment. We are looking for someone who is passionate about problem-solving, enjoys working with others, and loves to make chaotic situations run smoothly, and understands the value of strong processes.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we'd love to hear from you:
- Relevant experience in IT Support or a similar position.
- Analytical and process-minded: able to create, document, adapt and follow processes to accomplish recurring tasks.
- Scripting knowledge, or willingness to learn automation. We currently use Ruby.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills for both software and hardware issues.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Familiarity with security concepts.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
If you are the ONE, we have a lot to offer…
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Unlimited remote working: you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend to our Madrid headquarters whenever you feel like it.
- Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
- Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs-included.
- Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books and training.
- Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
- Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportations into your payroll.
- Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
- Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
- Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously! We have a real-time and honest feedback culture, and a formal 360º assessment every 6 months.