Lingokids' mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world, while we aim to help parents and caregivers to follow up on the progress and achievements of their children.
To help deliver our educational content to millions of families, we’re looking for a Head of Production.
At Lingokids, we encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with different perspectives and are eager to continue diversifying our company's culture. We strive to be an inclusive, supportive place where you can do the best work of your career.
Our offices are in Madrid, Spain, but the position is open to anyone with experience working remotely. Some overlap with Central European Time is expected, though, for those times when a video call is the most efficient way to communicate.
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning service for kids. With fresh content - games, books, videos, interactive episodes, etc - every week, we are helping more than 50M families and their children around the world learn English in a fun and effective way.
Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 M families and we’re working hard to make it a reality. Our talented team of product designers, software engineers, and content producers tweak and improve our product daily while incorporating feedback from our customers.
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
We are looking for an experienced kids content executive to drive the development of video content that improves early childhood education and helps parents around the world raise amazing children. Your mission is to lead the production of engaging and diverse video and music formats for users of the Lingokids app while raising the awareness of our IPs via external distribution channels.
You will become a part of Lingokids Studios, a team that produces interactive activities, video and music content as well as podcasts and audiobooks. You will lead a big team of full-time and freelance producers, animators, designers, scriptwriters, musicians, editors.
You will also work shoulder to shoulder with educators and subject experts to break down educational barriers, cover preschool curriculum and help kids develop a diverse set of skills.
Definition of strategy
- Setting up the strategy for development of the video and music catalog in the app, on YouTube and other external platforms;
- Working hand-in-hand with Creative Director to build a portfolio of popular IPs aligned with the company’s strategy, trends and external platforms needs;
Management of the creative teams
- Working with producers to anticipate the need in talents (scriptwriters, storyboard artists, designers, animators, musicians, songwriters, video editors), sourcing and onboarding them;
- Organizing the creative process: brainstorms, tasks assignment, feedback flows;
- Establishing relationships with external studios for scriptwriting, animation, art;
Ownership of the video and music content production pipeline
- Aligning processes and work streams across all teams and make them scalable;
- Building a holistic budget view and forecasting process;
- Make sure we meet the deadlines to deliver target volumes of content;
- Working closely with Lead Curriculum Designer to ensure the developmental value of video content;
- Building strong relationships with the Marketing team to support their initiatives as well as to ensure a proper launch of Studio’s new projects
- Collaborating with Data to set up clear and easily accessible performance dashboard and make sure the data is used when prioritizing the resources
- Together with the Research team, organizing regular user tests to test new formats and driving creative changes to maximize engagement;
- 10+ years of experience in the animation industry in various roles, including executive producer, other leadership positions in a production studio or kids media;
- Live-action, hybrid formats production experience is a big plus;
- Deep understanding of the content production process;
- Developed network of talents within the industry;
- Proven track record developing animated series and developing diverse catalog of content;
- An experienced and talented leader who has a proven track record in hiring, building and managing teams;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong business acumen and conformable working in a fast-paced scale-up environment;
- Budget responsibility;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with experience driving multiple workflows;
- A strong interest in early childhood education and parenting;
- Comfortable with international travel and managing teams in different places around the world.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we provide a service in English so we don't care about certificates, but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. We have become a fully remote company so, we believe that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
Experience working closely with non-technical stakeholders to refine requirements and bring them to life is a must.
Life at Lingokids
🏡 Unlimited remote working: you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you feel like it. This position is open to anyone within +/- 2 hours of the CET timezone.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportations into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously. We have a real-time and hones feedback culture, with a formal feedback session every month.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!