Lingokids' mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us on this mission we’re looking for an exceptional Finance Manager. The role can be fully remote or based in our sunny Madrid office.
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning service for kids. With fresh content - games, books, videos, interactive episodes, etc - every week, we are helping more than 40M families and their children around the world learn skills in English in a fun and effective way.
Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100M families and we’re working hard to make it a reality. Our talented team of product designers, software engineers, and content producers tweak and improve our product daily while incorporating feedback from our customers.
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
You would join our finance team. The whole department consists on 6 people including including legal and will work in crossed team to help our organisation make the best of our resources.
- Weekly control of departmental P&L and follow-up with department heads
- Accounting control and analysis of possible deviations
- Owner of balance sheet and monthly reconciliations
- Implementation and maintenance of internal controls to ensure compliance
- Risk register
- Treasury management including different currencies to improve payments
- Last responsible of fixed assets control
- Statutory accounts management in IFRS, US and Spanish GAAP
- Payroll accounting
- Overview internal and external audits
- Ownership of AR and AP, debt collection process
- Last responsible of international tax compliance
- Reconciliation of payroll taxes and other creditors
- Implementation of ERP management
- Budget and forecast support to finance director
- Design and roll-out new/automate existing operational processes and controls
- Licentiate degree, Business Administration and Management or Economics
- 5+ years of relevant managerial experience (finance, accounting, etc.) in a fast-growth company
- Experience in implementing new ERP & financial processes.
- Experience being directly responsible for a full finance unit of a local operation
- Excellent multitasking skills, hands-on approach, dynamic and motivated. A team player who enjoys working in a startup environment
- Ability to take ownership and manage own area of responsibility
- Advanced Excel modelling & analytical skills
- Hard-working, ambitious & focused on deadlines & results
- Highly detail-oriented and organised
English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates, but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. We have become a fully remote company so, we believe that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
Life at Lingokids
🏡 Unlimited remote working: you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you feel like it. This position is open to anyone within +/- 2 hours of the CET timezone.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportations into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously. We have a real-time and hones feedback culture, with a formal feedback session every month.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!