Lingokids' mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us on this mission we’re looking for an exceptional Business Analytics Manager. The role can be fully remote or based in our sunny Madrid office.
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning service for kids. With fresh content - games, books, videos, interactive episodes, etc - every week, we are helping more than 45M families and their children around the world learn English in a fun and effective way.
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
The Business Analytics Manager works to improve insight, prioritisation and strategic planning across Lingokids as a whole, giving the business clarity across the different verticals of marketing, growth and engagement. You will lead a team of analysts and data scientists that manage the performance review process, and build our measurement framework and overall reporting. You’ll work closely with the leadership team to understand business strategy and your teammates in the functional analytics teams who have deep insight into their areas.
- Own the business analytics function and champion data driven approaches within Lingokids.
- Lead a team of data scientists and analysts. Provide your team with guidance, purpose, leadership and direction.
- Give clear insight at the business level, helping manage between competing views from our functional teams like marketing, product or content.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders such as the leadership team and other parts of the data team, and ensure that the business analytics function has a good understanding of key commercial objectives.
- Ensure your team has the right tools and technologies.
- Hire well and build a high performing business analytics function as the company scales.
- Build our measurement framework - Define what we measure and how it’s reported
- Manage the process to dig into our trade and performance metrics, fixing problems and finding opportunities
- Provide insight and recommendations for cross business initiatives and strategic planning.
Understanding of digital businesses (particularly subscription), with a history of commercial analysis and reporting
Expert in analysing business problems and communicating insight with senior teams
You enjoy leading others, and can build and coach a high performing team.
You’re a bright, high calibre candidate who enjoys working in a warm, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
You’re driven by solving business problems and making an important contribution to the overall success of the company.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates, but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. We have become a fully remote company so, we believe that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
Experience working closely with non-technical stakeholders to refine requirements and bring them to life is a must.
Life at Lingokids
🏡 Unlimited remote working: you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you feel like it. This position is open to anyone within +/- 2 hours of the CET timezone.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportations into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously! We have a real-time and honest feedback culture, and a formal 360º assessment every 6 months.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!