Lingokids' mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through Playlearning™. To help us on this mission, we’re looking for an exceptional Growth Product Designer.
At Lingokids, we encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with different perspectives and are eager to continue diversifying our company's culture. We strive to be an inclusive, supportive place where you can do the best work of your career.
Our offices are in Madrid, Spain, but the position is open to anyone working remotely. Some overlap with Central European Time is expected, though, for those times when a video call is the most efficient way to communicate.
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
We are looking for someone excited to be a key contributor to the Growth Group, focusing on creating a delightful activation journey for our new kids and parents and shaping our monetisation initiatives to convey the value our Unlimited plan can offer to our Lingofamilies.
This role directly impacts the continuous scaling of our app to the families that trust us.
These are some things that you will be doing as part of the Growth team:
- Optimize the onboarding process so that as many leads as possible become Lingokids customers.
- Guide the parents and kids through the activation journey in the order they experience the aha-moment as fast as possible.
- Participate in ideating new monetisation models by testing what, how, when, and how much we charge for new feature sets and product plans.
We need to move fast and be scrappy so, that while you have a long-term vision of the product, you won’t be afraid to make the necessary trade-offs to gather customer insights and test desirability and viability hypotheses via cheap experiments and prototypes. Learning speed matters.
You will be part of a cross-functional squad and tackle all aspects of the design process. In addition, you will be working as part of the UX Chapter and collaborating closely with colleagues from other squads and disciplines.
About the job:
- Leading design in a multi-disciplinary squad. You'll own the design, user experience, and working with the PM you’ll drive the vision and strategy for the squad's area of focus.
- You'll be a team-player. You'll partner with your colleagues in product, engineering, data, research, brand, content, and comms.
- You have a love for the craft. You excel at creating elegant solutions from ideation through to delivery that aligns with our principles, brand values, and company strategic goals.
- You'll raise the bar for design across the whole company. You'll have a killer eye for design and appreciate what it takes to create exceptional experiences.
- You understand design systems and processes. You’ll play a key part in supporting the growth and maintenance of our design system.
- You'll act as the voice of the customer. You'll develop a deep understanding of our customers using various qualitative and quantitative techniques and methodologies such as user testing, interviews, understanding data, insights, and analysis.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience as a product designer in a similar role.
- You've been a designer in a multi-disciplinary product team before.
- You've designed and shipped features for consumer-facing products.
- You have a passion for creating experiences in the children/parent space.
- You love the craft of Product Design and understand the whole process.
- You have excellent Figma skills; ranging from lo-fi designs and mapping, high-fidelity UI design, asset libraries, component creation, and interactive prototyping.
- You have good knowledge of Design Systems and how they work.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we are providing a service in English. And although we don't care about certificates, we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. Given the circumstances, we have become a fully remote company. We are firm believers that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
🏡 Unlimited remote working: you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you feel like it. This position is open to anyone within +/- 2 hours of the CET timezone.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportations into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously! We have a real-time and honest feedback culture, and a formal 360º assessment every month.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!