Lingokids' mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world, while we aim to help parents and caregivers to follow up on the progress and achievements of their children.
To help deliver our educational content to millions of families, we’re looking for a Mobile Tech Lead to work on our Engagement group.
At Lingokids we encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We actively seek to hire individuals with different perspectives and we are eager to continue diversifying our company's culture. We strive to be an inclusive, supportive place where you can do the best work of your career.
Our offices are in Madrid, Spain but the position is open to anyone with experience working remotely. Some overlap with Central European Time is expected though, for those times when a video call is the most efficient way to communicate.
About the job:
As a Mobile Tech Lead, you will work in the Engagement group, getting a chance to work on internal tools that help us better understand our users and offer them exactly what they need:
- Partner with EM, PM, and Backend TL to overview, technically assess and plan initiatives across Engagement. Facilitate speed-quality trade-off decisions within the group, ensuring that all parties understand the technical and product risks involved.
- Coordinate and synchronize with other teams where there are dependencies.
- Advocate for the technical needs of the group internally by prioritizing any necessary investment in tooling and addressing technical debt.
- Design, build, and maintain features focused on children.
- Work with the rest of the group by bringing new fresh ideas on how we could improve the process and the infrastructure of the app.
- Work closely with UX and designers to translate static designs into code and improve our design system components.
- Have full ownership of the tasks and communicate with the group towards finishing the work.
- Learn by reviewing the code of other mobile engineers towards increasing the quality and robustness of the app’s code.
The ideal teammate for us would be someone who believes that communication, empathy, inquisitiveness, and open-mindedness are fundamental to being successful in any endeavor.
You should have:
- Relentlessness in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Understanding of how apps communicate with APIs.
- Attention to detail and provide solid and scalable solutions to improve the code base.
- A self-driven approach to learning new technologies and moving features forward.
- A product-minded mindset, with lots of interest in the product itself. You have an interest in why decisions are made, and how people use our product and, you love to be involved in making product decisions
We consider the following as nice to have:
- Experience in creating, fixing, maintaining, and expanding mobile apps.
- Knowledge of CSS layout (flexbox, grid)
- Experience with Android / iOS native development.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience improving app performance
English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates, but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. Given the circumstances, we have become a fully remote company. We believe that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
Experience working closely with non-technical stakeholders to refine requirements and bring them to life is a must. We expect our Frontend Engineer to be the driving force for the entire development lifecycle.
🏡 Unlimited remote working: you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you feel like it. This position is open to anyone within +/- 2 hours of the CET timezone.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English, or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportation into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously. We have a real-time and hones feedback culture, with a formal feedback session every month.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team