Lingokids' mission is to help 100 million families worldwide raise amazing kids through playlearning™.
Through play and interactive technology, Lingokids delivers premium, modern learning through educational subjects and life skills so kids can thrive as confident, conscious, resilient, lifelong learners — ready for school and today’s ever-changing world.
To help us on this mission, we’re looking for a Senior Product Engineer to join the Product Engineering team.
At Lingokids, we encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We actively seek to hire individuals with different perspectives, and we are eager to continue diversifying our company’s culture. We strive to be an inclusive, supportive place where you can do the best work of your career.
Are you ready for Playlearning™?
At Lingokids, being a Product Engineer means being responsible for the entire lifecycle of an initiative in our product, from initial conceptualisation to deployment and beyond. Our Product Engineers have a deep understanding of both technical intricacies and user needs and, collaborate closely with Designers, other Product Engineers, and stakeholders.
This role is part of the Product Engineering team, which consists of around 25 people working in multidisciplinary teams. More specifically, you will work in the New User Monetization team (we also refer to them as our Revolutionary Ravens). The team focuses on building amazing onboarding experiences for our brand-new users to stay with us.
- Design, build and maintain features focused on children and caregivers. You’ll own large features end-to-end, from scoping and tech design to instrumentation/monitoring, deployment, delivery to users, and maintenance.
- Work with the rest of the squad by bringing new fresh ideas on how we could improve the process and the infrastructure of the app.
- Engage in close collaboration with UX and Designers to translate design concepts into functional code, enhancing our design system components in the process.
- Have full ownership of the tasks and communicate with the team towards finishing the work.
- Feed back constructively on others through design, code, and peer reviews; as well as accepting feedback graciously and action as necessary.
- Relentless in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Understanding of how apps communicate with APIs.
- Attention to detail and provide solid and scalable solutions to improve the code base.
- Ability to clearly articulate the business impact of your work to non-technical stakeholders.
- A self-driven approach to learning new technologies and moving features forward.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates, but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. We have become a fully remote company so, we believe that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
Life at Lingokids
Salary Range: 55k-70k€
🏡 Unlimited remote working: you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you feel like it. This position is open to anyone within +/- 2 hours of the CET timezone.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportations into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously! This is why we have different mechanisms in place to ensure everyone gives and receives feedback throughout their journey in the company
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!